Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


I honestly LOVE doing this "Thankful Thursday". It just makes me stop and think about my week and all the good things. This week:
I am thankful for:

VETERANS: I had the privilege to attend an early Veteran's Day assembly at my son's middle school. To be honest, my first reason for going was to just be there for my son while he played in the band. But I came away with SO much more. These are 10 amazing heroes. Each one of the are so humble!


This one in particular. I wish I could remember his name but he is a WW II veteran that was captured by the Nazi's, was taken to a concentration camp and survived. WOW!! I wish there had been time to hear more of his story.


NATURE:While driving into Bellingham to run some errands I couldn't get over how beautiful a place we live. Mt. Baker was just beautiful and the clouds and sky, simply amazing. These past few days of sunshine have helped lift my spirit.


HEALTH: Three years ago I posted about a great Dr. appointment here.
I was told to return 3 years later. Well, here we are ~ 3 years later. I'm still doing pretty good! There is only one concern with the blood test that I took recently ~ my morning fasting glucose is above 90, which is the recommended number it should be. Me? I was at 117. So my Dr. wants me to take my glucose numbers every once in a while to see just what is going on. I am thankful that these little puppies have come so far in the past 14 years.

A paper cut hurts worse than the needle finger prick. Woohoo!!!

No comments: