Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More than just a day off!

Even though I will admit having a day off is nice. But I'm really missing this man today

That's my Dad :D He's a WWII Veteran and served in the Pacific Theater. And today is a day to honor him and many, many others that have served our country. These men and women fought for America (and many other Veteran's in foreign countries) to enjoy the freedom that so many seem to abuse and take for granted today. Let's not forget the strong women who did this during their leave.


Just to have your new husband leave for 2 years or more. But they did it!! My Mom always threatened me that if I ever did what she and my Dad did, she would hurt me terribly. What did they do? They met on Easter Sunday at church and were married the NEXT SUNDAY!!!!
We have many Veteran's in our family and are SO proud of them. Rob's brother Ken and Phil both served our country. My brother Seth served as well. Jessica's brother, Jacob is currently in Kuwait serving a tour. Her other brother, Eric is an Apache helicopter pilot. We have friends that have served in Iraq and have friends whose son's are currently serving there as well. THANK YOU!!! Your service is appreciated.
This morning I listened to a wonderful program, "One Moment in America" by Jerry Stewart. Today the program was entitled "Protecting America". Our friends, Scot & Terri Graham were interviewed for this moving show. Please take the time to listen. It is very inspiring and non-judgemental. No hidden political agenda's, so to speak. You will be touched forever.
http://www.visionradioproductions.com/

To all our Veteran's ~ again your service is appreciated!! THANK YOU!!

PS - I'm also wondering why President-Elect Obama is acting like and being treated like he IS the President by placing a wreath for a Veteran's Day celebration with news reporters and all. Not yet!! We can only have ONE President at a time! Wait your turn!

3 comments:

Tabitha Anderson said...

This is kind of funny you posted this b/c Josh and I were talking about our grandparents and their stories and now I'll be able to show him these photos. :)

Christie said...

My dad and grandpa are vets! You and I have so much in common. My grandparents knew eachother for about a week when they got married and right after they were married my grandpa got shipped out. The plane that was taking my grandpa home to grandma crashed and everyone died, but grandpa missed the plane. So for a short time grandma thought he was dead, but they got 56 years together. Don't you just love stories like these?

Anonymous said...

November 11th is Remembrance Day for us Canadians and for years Stephanie and I would sing at the big cenotaph downtown. They're such great memories with all the veterans, the marching bands, bagpipes, gun salutes, planes flying overhead, minute of silence... Veterans would stand in the streets for weeks leading up to November 11th selling poppies and it's been so unfortunate to see the lack of community involvement living in Utah. Last year when Veterans Day was on a Sunday, they didn't even mention it at church! Only once in a prayer. I was SO upset.

Thank you for this post - it's good to see people remembering the reason for our freedom.