It's now official!!! Robert is now
Private 1st Class
in the
Army National Guard Reserves
We couldn't be prouder of him for his decision to support his family in addition to serving his/our country in this way. The down side is the amount of time he will be gone. He reports for 10 weeks of basic training on August 4th in SC. Then 17 weeks of AIT for Information Technology (computers) in Georgia. He does get a 2 week break during Christmas. Then an additional 3 weeks for Jump school. Yep! You read that right ~ our boy who doesn't even like to walk across the Deception Pass Bridge will be parachute jumping out of planes and helicopters. GO FIGURE!!!
Since I don't have pictures from Jessica yet (hint, hint) of the swearing in ceremony, I thought I'd post this adorable one of Robert in a "Navy uniform" given to him from his Grandma DeWees.
Robert's Grandpa (my Dad) served as a radio technician in the Navy during WWII. Both my brother, Seth and Rob's brothers, Phil and Ken have served in various branches of the service as well. So there really is some military blood that runs through those veins of his.
We wish Jessica lived closer during the time Robert is gone. But we know her family will watch over her while he's away.
We love you guys!!!

8 comments:
Me and Lizard are super proud of him as well. It will be hard with him being gone for 39 weeks instead of the 30 we were originally told, but we'll be ok! Yup he goes to 26 weeks of AIT not 17 :(
I'll post pictures on our blog soon. Lizzie's just been super clingy, as in holding onto my leg so I can't move clingy. So I haven't gotten much done :(
Good luck Robert!
How exciting Robert! Little sister Amber told me about it. And what a great way to get your education. Way to go!
Awww Amy, you must be so proud! What a big step, too. I looked at Jessica's blog and saw the swearing in pictures and I got misty! A new adventure is beginning now. BUT I still can't believe he'll be jumping out of planes. NO WAY!!! :)
My big brother has always been one of my heroes!!!
I know he will be great, best of luck. (also FYI the Millet link takes me back to my blog-just thought i'd let ya know)
Thanks for the heads up Vashti~ it's fixed now :D
Cool! The pic is great too :)
Oh and the Deception Pass Bridge IS scary! The signs on it are funny too... the ones with a semi's mirror hitting someone in the head and knocking them over the side? Great stuff.
Post a Comment