Thursday, November 15, 2007

My 10 year milestone!!!

So many of you know that when I was pregnant with David (over 10 years ago) the last 2 months I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I NEVER had that with any of the other kids. During the day I was able to control it with my diet but I was devastated when I had to take insulin shots before I went to bed. Over the years I've had my fair share of 2 hour glucose test ~ not fun!! Well, I had another one on Saturday (I have the bruise to prove it!) and the appointment with the endocrinologist today. The doctor was EXTREMELY pleased with the lab results. My glucose #'s were PERFECT!!!! The doctor told me that I have passed the critical time period as statics show that most women with gestational diabetes have full blown diabetes within 10 years. NOT ME!!!! She was so happy and wished more of her patients would have worked this hard to keep diabetes away. I want to make sure I'm around a LONG time for my kids and my grand kids!!!! Cuz this little peanut (and more that will come along) is worth staying around for!

Today I'm doin' a happy dance!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! Congrats!

I love that picture of Lizzie. She wiggled, sneezed and tried to knock it off her head but finally just gave in and left it alone. Thats her I give up mom face. lol gotta love it.

Lydia said...

Congratulations Amy, that's awesome!