Monday, March 21, 2011

Personal Sunshine

Even though the sun in the sky is hiding behind clouds, we received our own personal sunshine today. In the form of getting a date when Robert will be coming home from Iraq!! He and his unit will be home before Easter!!! Woohoo!!!


Here's a picture of Robert being silly. But showing us a coin he was presented by a 3-Star General. He "got coined"!! What is "getting coined"? Here's a brief explanation "In the military you get "coined" by leaders who feel you did something well, went above and beyond, or for whatever justification they feel makes you worthy of getting coined." And that happened to Robert! We are very proud of him!

We asked him what specifically he did to receive this coin. Here was his answer:
"Well, he had a computer issue, and I just happened to be around. So I fixed it and then every time he was around he always made it a point to say hi to me. When he left I drove him to the helicopter and helped him pack all his stuff in the bird. After that he told me thanks for all my help and held out his hand and there was a coin in it! It made my day for sure!"

Woohoo!! Hooray for Robert! Just goes to show you that even in a war zone it's the little things that make the difference.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I can't wait for him and Lizzie to be reunited! and this time my camera better not get stolen! I'm still so mad about losing those pictures from when he came home on leave.