Finally you ask? Remember the L.A. Riots? The whole Rodney King thing? At the time we lived a good hour or so away from "ground zero" so we were safe but tensions were most definately high. My brother was in the National Guard at the time and his unit was activated within hours. My brother came to say goodbye since he didn't know how long he'd be gone. And guess what I did? I went into labor!!!! And stayed in labor for weeks. Amber was (and still is) one stubborn baby and was just too comfy and cozy inside her Mommy. I remember laying in the hospital bed watching the news coverage and hoping to see my brother. I never did see him but I did see other guys in his unit that I knew. So Miss Amber is lovingly called our "Riot Baby". There are times that she has lived up to that nickname :D But for the most part she is such a joy and a great addition to our family.
Once Amber decided she was going to make her grand appearance she gave me a hard time. My first EVER back labor!! WOW! That hurt!!! She was my smallest bunchkin coming in at 6lbs. 11 oz. The doctor determined that she was early by a good 3 weeks. And she had jaundice something awful. She had to stay in the hospital longer than her Mom :( (Times have changed where jaundice is now treated at home). I remember spending Mother's Day at the hospital. She was the only girl in the baby nursery and they put her right next to a 10 lb. baby boy. Such a contrast.

So here's just a few pictures to highlight the wonderful 17 years we've had with our little princess.




Her favorite attraction at Disneyland! (I think she looks like Lizzie in this pic)

Do we see a trend in these faces?


She wanted to snuggle with the kitty

Irish competitions

Birthday dinner at Red Robin

She's the ONLY one that could do this to Robert
The artist
A favorite Easter activity ~ watching peeps melt in the microwave





3 comments:
Awww Happy Birthday, Amber! Beautiful pictures. Time goes by too fast!!!
I have enjoyed watching Amberlina grow up. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Thanks for sharing these...so precious... I would've never guessed her to have been a blondie before though :) I was in L.A. during those riots... with my bff and her family at Disneyland I was 12... MOM WAS FREAKIN! :)
Post a Comment