Thursday, May 29, 2008

My sweet Aunt Bernice

On Sunday night our family learned from my cousin Miles, that his Mom, my Aunt Bernice, passed away on Saturday. Today was the funeral and I so wanted to be there. My thoughts all week have been thinking of her. I have so many memories of her and my Uncle David (yes, David is named after my Uncle and Grandpa, his Dad) and the summers that our family would spend a few weeks with them. I realized that this was the last time we actually saw each other. Look, I only have 2 kids!!!

Now that's not to say that we didn't talk on the phone many times over the years. Every year my Aunt's Christmas card was the first card I would receive. It's been a tradition as long as I can remember.

I can just imagine the wonderful reunion that these 3 are having right now. My Uncle David (my Mom's brother), my Mom, and Aunt Bernice.

Aunt Bernice ~ you will be miss!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Aw Amy, lovely pictures. I'm so sorry for your loss, but yes... the reunion has to be wonderful!
{{{hug}}}